This post is also available in: Русский
Applied Project Management
Based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK 6th edition.
Open group, Corporate
Training of practical use of project management methodology combines flow rates with consolidating the knowledge gained through practical examples, in the course of individual and group exercises, as well as gaming.
During the training, the participants are working on a project of their choice (usually from the industry’s core business of the customer): use tools, techniques, and methods of initiating, planning, execution, control and completion of projects, sorting out the nature of these instruments and the principles of their own application in practice.
- Extreme proactive training which includes BEST practices and MOST relative knowledge topics.
- Gives you the basement for further preparation for PMP certification.
- 30 days of post-training support and coaching.
- Top management;
- Current and future project managers;
- Heads of key departments, divisions, departments;
- The staff of the project office;
- Key technical specialists and experts.
- Introduction to Project Management.
- Project Life Cycle.
- Project Management Processes.
- The main functions of project management.
- Methodology and project management tools.
- Project Initiating. Identification and authorization of the project.
- Project Planning. Definition and clarification of the goals and plan of action needed to achieve the objectives and scope of the project.
- Project Executing. Combining human and other resources to fullfill the project management plan.
- Project Monitoring & Control. Regular assessment of the project’s progress and monitoring to detect deviations from the project management plan and the corrective actions.
- Project Closing. The formal acceptance of the project results and closing of the project.
- A pre-test to assess the initial orientation in the field of project management (to determine the level of training of the group and the corresponding feed).
- Group Exercise at the option of the project (as an example for all through training) and the development of the Plan of the project.
- Group exercise on the development of the project charter.
- Group exercise on the development of the project WBS.
- Individual-group test for the assessment of team problem-solving planning stages of the project.
- Group exercise on the development of the project schedule and the critical path method analysis.
- Group exercise to identify the milestones of the project.
- Group exercise in preparation of financial statements of the project based on the S-curves, and the list of milestones.
- Individual-group exercise on the identification of project risks and planning responses to the occurrence of risk events.
- Business game to test the skills of multi-project management in the resource-limited company and the decision of resource conflicts.
- Business game to test the ability to understand customer requirements and delivery of the finished project to the Customer.
- The final test to assess the completeness of the learning material.
The knowledge and skills
Participants will gain in-depth knowledge of key concepts and terminology of project management. At the end of the training, participants acquire the following knowledge and skills:
- Develop goals, plan, regulations, life cycle, and project WBS structure.
- Define and execute the criteria for success and failure of the project.
- Determine the environment of the project.
- Develop a project schedule and analyze it according to the method of the critical path.
- Identify project milestones.
- Authorize and run the project to perform.
- Prepare its financial statements based on the project S-curves, and the list of milestones.
- Identify project risks and plan actions to prevent and respond to risk events.
- Control in the resource-limited team and solve resource conflicts.
- Summarize, analyze lessons learned, and complete projects.